Your precisely dough cutting tool
LAHM which means “blade” in French, is a long stick which will hold the blade to score the dough.
Bread Lame is used to score shaped loaves in various designs before putting them into the oven.
Our Lame is traditional curved blade lame, approached the dough with a lower angle, to create a flap cut. In the oven, the cutting expands into “almond” shape while the flap peels become a crispy “ear”, which added both texture and flavor to the bread.
Our bread lame have following features:
- A crafted wooden handle that fits comfortable in the grip in your hand;
- Steel stick that fitted with sharp blade which gives you the precise cut;
- Double edge sharped blade gives our bread lame longer life than the traditional dough knife;
- 4+1 blades set give you the best value of your purchase;
- Each blade can be used in 4 different angles;
- Protective cover prevent yourself from the sharp razor blade;
- Perfect gift for hobby bakers
- Length: 19.5cm
How to use the bread lame:
- Make sure the blade is sharp;
- Make a confident but gentle scoring on your dough, don’t cut the dough too deep or press down the dough;
- If you working with very sticky dough, you can wet the blade with water between slices;
- To create a “ear”, hold the lame at 30 degrees against your dough surface and cut the dough about 5mm deep;
- When the blade isn’t sharp anymore, flip the blade, change to a new angle for better result.