Your precisely dough cutting tool
LAME which means “blade” in French, is a long stick which will hold the blade to score the dough.
A bread lame is used to score shaped loaves in various designs before putting them into the oven.
Our Lame is traditional curved blade lame, approached the dough with a lower angle, to create a flap cut. In the oven, the cutting expands into “almond” shape while the flap peels become a crispy “ear”, which added both texture and flavor to the bread.
Our bread lame have following features:
- A crafted wooden handle that fits comfortable in the grip in your hand;
- Steel stick that fitted with sharp blade which gives you the precise cut;
- 4+1 blades set give you the best value of your purchase;
- The double edge sharped blades give our bread lame longer life than the traditional dough knife;
- Protective cover prevent yourself from the sharp razor blade;
- Perfect gift for hobby bakers
- Length: 19cm
How to use the bread lame:
- Make sure the blade is sharp;
- Make a confident but gentle scoring on your dough, don’t cut the dough too deep or press down the dough;
- If you working with very sticky dough, you can wet the blade with water between slices;
- To create a “ear”, hold the lame at 30 degrees against your dough surface and cut the dough about 5mm deep;
- When the blade isn’t sharp anymore, flip the blade, change to a new angle for better result.